SEO week 1Welcome to week 1 of our series on search engine optimization; the art and science behind your position and appearance in Google, Bing and all other search engines.

We are going to take a look at everything from the basics of keywords to the intricacies of HTML markup. Here you will learn how to take your website from being beautifully made and poorly found, to beautifully made and near the top of search results.

If you have any questions, please contact us at any of the places below and remember, if you enjoy this article, please comment below and share with your friends! New articles are posted Wednesdays at 9:00am.

www.plumaspc.com
www.facebook.com/plumaspc
IT solutions, Website Design and so much more!

This week we will be defining exactly what search engine optimization is, and what the consequences of it are.Wikipedia defines search engine optimization as:

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine‘s unpaid results – often referred to as “natural,” “organic,” or “earned” results.

In simple terms, it’s the process of making your website appear well in search engines, outside of paid positions. Before we move forward though, I want to make something very clear:

No company, no matter how much they promise, cannot make your website rank #1 on Google! Google does sell ad spaces near the top of their search result pages, but these clearly say ‘advertising’ and are not search results.

So that is SEO in a nutshell. With all of the hype over search engine optimization the impact and importance must be huge right? Well, yes and no…

Yes – having good SEO will help you outrank an identical website or, say, a competitor.

No – Having good SEO does not compensate for poorly written content or a website that is badly coded. Part of SEO is having well written, content rich, keywords, but it is not a magic cure for a website that needs way more attention that some fine tuning.

SEO takes your website the last 15% toward perfection, but you need the other 85% to really make an impact in the search engine landscape.

If you enjoyed this article, please remember to share with your friends using the links at the top right of this post! If you have any questions about SEO, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to answer them!